Moving forward?

Apr 25, 2007 at 3:27 AM
Hey, is progress still being made on this project? I wouldn't mind contributing to the code base :).

I have been focusing on the BSP code and although it has been a lot of work I am close to getting it working semi correctly (It uses convex set logic).

My code also has very primitive support for mesh rendering but I am sure that this area could be greatly improved (It is mostly just hacked in).

I am sure that it should be possible to refine this code to be a great solution and a starting base for people looking to make 3D games. The way I invision it is that the "Pipeline" would be used to import the level and then perhaps we could also provide a semi basic 3d engine for use with the imported file that includes basic collision detection and lighting.

I am offering my services as a programmer to help make this goal a reality :).
Coordinator
Apr 28, 2007 at 10:05 PM
I've been busy at work lately, and very annoyed with CodePlex losing the check-in history, etc. I've added you as a developer and will begin to re-add my code today. I have some changes to do as well.
Apr 29, 2007 at 2:10 AM
Yeah I know the feeling (Uni is eating my time up right now). I am still focusing on getting your bsp tree code working and hopefully I can post my changes once I get them perfected.

Thanks for adding me as a developer :) .
May 4, 2007 at 12:24 PM
John
if your looking for a place to upload a large file, then try www.box.net.
Put it there and then inlclude a Link to it from your docs or release notes, Not looked recently but I think you can have hyperlinks to files for releases also, I thnk (could be wrong)

Hope this helps
Darkside

*PS
Unless your using the Complex map from leadworks to test with in which case just put a link to the file on leadworks site. :-)