LeadWrks content pipeline rendering problem?

Topics: General
Mar 9, 2007 at 7:00 PM
Hello, my name is Donald May and I have been using your content pipeline for .3DW files.

It seems as though when the primitives are rendered when:

_device.DrawIndexedPrimitives(PrimitiveType.TriangleList, 0, 0, VertexCount, StartIndex, PrimitiveCount);

is called then nothing is displayed on screen. Do you know of this problem or is it just me?

Coordinator
Mar 11, 2007 at 5:40 AM
It might be a shader issue; they are very delicate in the current code. I'll have to post a nothing-to-something howto in the next couple days, after I upload the terrain updates I've been working on. If that doesn't help post some code and I'll try to work through it with you.
Mar 11, 2007 at 5:03 PM
Thanks for the advice. I did have to alter the shader as my computer doesn't support shader model 3.

I will attempt to fix the problem.. If it helps it seems to render (although incorrectly) when I use the other PrimitiveTypes. TriangleLists seem to make the GraphicsDevice go corrupt or something :\.

Incase you were wondering, I am the same person who was attempting to make a Half-life map importer a while back, but as I was using 3d World Studio anyway, I decided to just use this :).
Coordinator
Mar 11, 2007 at 11:19 PM
DonaldM: This new batch of code I uploaded (although it changed the material file schema) should improve things. If you can't find the issue, send me your 3dw file (to johnny light bulb at gmail com - take out the spaces).

Thanks,
Mar 11, 2007 at 11:47 PM
Edited Mar 11, 2007 at 11:51 PM
Hey, I am downloading your release currently :).

I will let you know if I get it working.

Thank you so much for sharing your code!

I am working on a project right now and even though it isn't an open source project, I plan to share the code with you when I am done ^^. It will cover things like Finite State Machines and a different scheme for managing states (Including a transition class that I wrote using render targets).
Mar 12, 2007 at 2:40 AM
I got it working :). I had to remove the terrain rendering code for now as I didn't feel like messing with the shader, and I also altered the standard shader to use shader model 2.

Here is a screenshot:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/shadowisadog/futureheist.jpg

Very simple right now but it works :).
Coordinator
Mar 12, 2007 at 3:42 AM
Very cool! I'd love to see your project when you're done :)

I am going to work, among other things, on shaders that work on lower levels. Good luck!